Friday, October 16, 2009

Meet Nerf.


So, Dean and I have been thinking about getting a puppy lately. I was kinda of bugging him about it for a little while then I just stopped because I didn't want to preasure him into it. Then, one day last week he took me for a suprise and said he was ready so we started our search. We went to the humane society and a couple of other places. We saw a few dogs but we still wanted to look around. Last Sunday, we went to church and then planned on going climbing but we were on the lazy side and just took a scenic Sunday drive up and over Big Cottonwood Canyon to Park City. There we ran into the pet shelter and found nerf. I fell in love with him as soon as I played with him, then Dean came over and also fell in love too. So, we wanted to get her then but it was too late that day to adopted him because the shelter was closing and her foster home was there to pick her up. So, today I went up there and offically adopted him. Nerf is five months old, Retriever/Labrador Mix. Today for our first day with him, we went up to a dog park not far from our home and let him play. He was very shy to the other dogs at first but as time went by he became more playful. He was very well behavied. After that Dean wanted to skate so we went to the skatepark with him, and watched Dean skate. Nerf did very good there also. We brought him home and then went for a little walk around outside. Nerf is sound asleep now, Dean and I are so pleased with our first day with him. He is playful but calm, his behavior is wonderful so far. We're hoping as he grows he'll still be well behavied.

No comments:

Post a Comment